This extremely rare and historic firearm was made by Duncan Scott, gunsmith from Edinburgh, Scotland, who worked from 1727 to his death in 1745. The muzzle is inscribed "BEWARE THE CAMPBELL" and top of the barrel has the name "The Clachiag Inn." The engraved rococco style brass escutcheon plate reads "Angus MacDonald." The breech is also engraved "EDINBORO" as was Scott's way of spelling Edinburgh. The brass side plate features a trophy of arms, pikes, cannons and banners. The full length walnut stock is in remarkably good condition and retains its' original finish. The ramrod is certainly a period piece and may be original to this gun. This Scottish Highland piece was made and used during the most turbulent times in Scotland following the Massacre at Glencoe in 1692 and the Battle of Culloden in 1746. A true Museum piece.